The actors and their characters.

The actors...
...and their characters.




Main Characters:


                          Sal Paradise

Narrator and one of the main characters of the novel; lives originally with his aunt in New York; leaves on four different trips across the country with Dean Moriarty; the fictional alter ego of Jack Kerouac.

''I first met Dean not long after my wife and I split up. I had just gotten over a serious illness that I won't bother to talk about, except that it had something to do with the miserably weary split-up and my feeling that everything was dead. With the coming of Dean Moriarty began the part of my life you could call my life on the road.''. (On The Road, I, 1)




.
Dean Moriarty

Main character; lives in San Francisco, but travels constantly back and forth to New York; a wild, mad character whose energy and craziness affect others, especially Sal.

''My first impression of Dean was of a young Gene Autry -trim, thin- hipped, blue eyed, with a real Oklahoma accent - a sideburned hero of the snowy West.'' (Sur la route, I,1)
 





 
Marylou

Dean's first wife and brief love interest of Sal. 

''Marylou was a pretty blonde with immense ringlets of hair like a sea of golden tresses; [...] with her smoky blue country eyes fixed in a wide stare [...] and waiting like a longbodied emaciated Modigliani surrealist woman in a serious room.'' (Sur la route, I,1)



Carlo Marx

Eccentric poet in New York; becomes best friends with Dean and Sal; the fictional alter ego of the poet Allen Ginsburg. 

''A tremendous thing happened when Dean met Carlo Max. Two keen minds that they are, they took to each other at the drop of a hat. Two piercing eyes glanced in two piercing eyes - the holy con-man with the shining mind, and the sorrowful poetic con-man with the dark mind that is Carlo Marx.'' (Sur la route, I,1)



Old Bull Lee

Writer and drug addict in New Orleans; has traveled the world; mentor to Dean and Sal; the fictional alter ego of William Burroughs. 

'' He was a gray, nondescript-looking fellow you wouldn't notice on the street, unless you looked closer and saw his mad, bony skull with its strange youthfulness -a Kansas minister with exotic, phenomenal fires and mysteries.'' (On The Road, II, 6)


Other characters :


Marie-Ginette Gay as Gabrielle Lévesque
Kirsten Dunst as Camille

Amy Adams as Jane

Alice Braga as Terry
Elisabeth Moss as Galatea Dunkel
Danny Morgan as Ed Dunkel
Madison Wolfe as Dodie
Matthew Deano as Ray








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire